Monday, October 31, 2011

WTF NFL!? Prelude to Chargers-Chiefs


As awesome as I am at betting on games, it's been a pretty rough couple weeks for yours truly. Throughout the first few weeks of the NFL season, anyone could win by taking the favorites. This PISSED ME OFF because everyone thought they were the new Brandon Lang. Per usual (for Vegas), oddsmakers adjusted the next weeks' lines accordingly, allowing underdogs a better chance to cover. But as I watched the different games yesterday, a thought hit me like my brain was Chris Brown's girlfriend. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!?

I have no idea of what to make of any team in the NFL at the midway point of the season. And that's exactly what the NFL wants. Over the last decade, the rule changes that are allowing for unprecedented passing statistics have been about one thing: parity. The league loves that any team can basically beat any other team, no matter whether playing at home or on the road. Some would say that this is the beauty of the NFL but those people obviously don't have a gambling problem. As a betting man, I would like to have a firm grasp on who each team is and their talent level (or lack thereof) by this point in the season. The last two weeks have completed demolished any feel I had for who is any good. Green Bay seems to be the best but everyone else agrees with that statement so any game they play has the line skewed high in favor of them. I could fill the second tier with about half the league right now. If Pittsburgh and New England played again next week, could anyone say definitively that Pittsburgh would win again. Fuck and no!

As the title suggests, all of these pointless ramblings are trying to explain that I will be taking the Chiefs +3.5 tonight for no particular reason. I could spend a lot more time and words attempting to persuade myself (and, hopefully, others) that the Chiefs tonight are a good bet, but why waste my time and energy? I'm sure they're are some advanced stats that would suggest otherwise. However, my counter-point would be "who the fuck knows?" The Chargers are an anomaly, the Chiefs are an anomaly, the whole god damn league is an anomaly. I'll take the home anomaly gettin the points.

Chiefs +3.5 (2 units)
Over 45 (1 unit)

No comments:

Post a Comment